Kansas Wheat Alliance
Kansas Wheat Alliance currently has an opening for Account Manager. Responsibilities include:
- Lead the sales effort for KWA products.
- Perform direct selling activities, provide agronomy services and serve as a coach and leader to Associates.
- Provide leadership and vision for the distribution channel.
- Administer policies and programs to meet sales goals.
- Teach to and develop the agronomic skills of Associates.
- Call on producers with Associates and serve as a role model, teacher and coach, demonstrating sales skills and customer responsiveness.
- Identify prospect opportunities and establish a plan to capitalize on these opportunities with Associates.
- Provide agronomic support and advice to producers and Associates.
- Maintain a thorough agronomic and technical knowledge of KWA products and services and trouble shoot customer complaints and work to resolve them.
- Continually teach Associates new and better ways to meet the needs of the customer. Coach sales team to enhance selling activity, differentiate products and services and build relationships.
- Recruit, select and retain a high quality professional Associate network that can meet the needs of producers.
- Understand customer needs and provide feedback to organization on product performance, program effectiveness and competitive activity. Suggest improvements or alternative tactics to help achieve goals.
- Develop and implement effective promotional campaigns for KWA products.
- Cooperate with breeders and Extension agents for effective communication.
- Continue to develop professionally by remaining current with new technologies, management innovations and sales management developments.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, in Agronomy, Business, or Marketing required. Will consider other degrees with related field sales experience. At least 3 years sales experience, managing and coaching individuals. Valid driver’s license.
Demonstrated knowledge of: selling methodologies and techniques; agronomy and crop production practices; marketing tools and techniques; Kansas Wheat Alliance seed product offerings; competitor product offerings; local agricultural markets; value chain and crop production practices.
Demonstrated skills in: Selling, negotiating, influencing, conflict resolution, handling objections and coaching. Using computer hardware software/intranet to generate reports, plans, inventory data, access information and complete administrative duties.
Demonstrated ability to: Build/maintain strong relationships with customers, key industry/market influencers; internal KWA partners and teammates. Work effectively within a team environment. Understands the needs and values of partners and customers and to develop solutions to satisfy/retain. Get results by taking initiative, overcoming obstacles, finding creative solutions. Work independently with minimum supervision and operate within budget. Work in and adapt to a rapidly changing business environment.
Interested individuals should send a letter of introduction and resume to Kansas Wheat Alliance, 1990 Kimball Ave Ste 200, Manhattan, KS 66502; firstname.lastname@example.org
Kansas Wheat Alliance is a not-for-profit organization that was founded in 2007 with the goal of maximizing value for wheat farmers from new wheat varieties developed by Kansas State University and other wheat-breeding programs. The Kansas Wheat Alliance delivers modern genetic technology that is not otherwise showing up in wheat varieties, a real economic benefit to the wheat producers and end-users of the crop.