Kansas Wheat Alliance: Communications Specialist
Kansas Wheat Alliance, Inc. has an opening for the Communications Specialist position. This new position is responsible for all advertising, promotion, publicity and communication activities. The Communications Specialist works directly with the CEO to plan programs and implement activities in pursuit of the Kansas Wheat Alliance mission.
The successful candidate will demonstrate proficiency in oral and written communication, proofreading and graphic design work. Website development skills and experience with managing social media is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in journalism, marketing, communications, public relations or related field;
- Demonstrated experience in professional communications work;
- High-level oral and written communication skills;
- Impeccable proofreading skills;
- Experience with social media;
- Valid driver’s license and insurability;
- Availability for some overnight travel.
- Prior work experience in the field of agronomy, seed production and production agriculture;
- Prior work experience in non-profit or volunteer organizations;
- Video production and editing;
- Graphic design work using Adobe Creative platforms (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator).
Interested persons should send a resume with examples of their work to:
Communications Specialist Search
Kansas Wheat Alliance
1990 Kimball Ave Ste 200
Manhattan, KS 66502
The position will remain open until filled.
The Kansas Wheat Alliance is a not-for-profit organization founded in 2007 with the goal of maximizing value for wheat farmers from new wheat varieties developed by Kansas State University and other wheat-breeding programs. The Kansas Wheat Alliance delivers modern genetic technology that is not otherwise showing up in wheat varieties, a real economic benefit to the wheat producers and end-users of the crop.